Sunday, August 1, 2010

Day 30 - More Research

Today marked 30 continuous days of travel abroad on my sabbatical.

Am I bored yet? Nope. Not even close.

Do I want to return to the States? Eventually to see Phil and my brother, but still loving the sabbatical.

Do I know what day it is? Yes. I have had to schedule a few conference calls, so I had to start using my work calendar again.

Am I still on email? Yup, but primarily to keep in touch with good friends and family.

What do I miss? English speaking countries. Although I speak French, it is calming to be in a country where your native language is spoken. This experience has made me think about all of the immigrants living in the United States who live in a nation with a different tongue. It must be very difficult to assimilate and feel comfortable. And, with the Arizona immigration law hot on the news, it brings to light the many issues involved when cultures and languages meet (or clash). Interesting issues to debate, for sure....

No comments:

Post a Comment