Sunday, July 11, 2010

Day 11 - Research Data

There is a terrific professor at the University of Pennsylvania (Dr. Matt Hartley) who taught me to always collect and record my data when doing research. So, in the spirit of research collection, I decided to track when my sabbatical "milestones" occurred.

Milestone 1 - Leaving the US (Day 1)
Milestone 2 - Forgetting about e-mail (TBD - I will let you know when this actually happens)
Milestone 3 - Forgetting the Day of the Week (Day 10)

How do I know I hit Milestone 3 on Day 10? Well, when I sent my good friend Buck a note to wish him a "Happy Friday" and congratulate him on finishing his first week of work at his new job, he kindly reminded me, "It is Saturday, David." Oops. Well, I officially forgot what day of the week is was on Day 10.

So far, so good. More research data forthcoming. Stay tuned for Milestone 2 data, which I hope occurs at some point in the next 20-30 years.

No comments:

Post a Comment