Thursday, July 29, 2010

Versailles




We traveled from (the complete blur of) Paris to Versailles - a quick 30 minute train ride outside of town.
Louis XIV totally knew how to live it up - an amazing "villa" (also known as a chateaux) on the outskirts of Paris. And, he even built a summer house for Marie Antoinette, which is only about a 20 minute walk from the main estate. So, when Marie got sick of her high-heel wearing husband, she could take a carriage ride for about 10 minutes and be at her own summer estate. How cool is that?

Pooh (see prior blog entry for embarrsing self-disclosure about Pooh) made it safely to Versailles and, once again, embarrassed his two "40-something" owners by appearing in public for a photo op on the front grounds of the palace....


My dear friend from high school (Heather) reminded me today that she has photos of me at Versailles from 9th grade during a trip we both took with a high school group (a school that shall remain nameless, as I did not enjoy those four years very much). That trip, however, was tremendous fun and Heather's message today reminded me of one of the great times I had during high school. I believe I discovered wine then, too. Thanks Allen (aka, my father who likes that we have been on a first-name basis since I was in high school) for sending me to France at such an early age with a laissez-faire French teacher!

Remember - live every day as if it is your last, because one day you will be right.

No comments:

Post a Comment