Thursday, July 29, 2010

Paris and The Vendome




While in Paris for the final stage of the Tour (Go Lance and Team Radio Shack for finishing first in the Team GC!), we stayed at the Vendome - great neighborhood, as some might say. Really amazing place - close to the Seine, L'Ouvre, shopping (although I am probably one of only a few gay men who does not like to shop), Place de la Concorde and great food. Paris is a bit of a blur, thanks to our good friends John, Tim and Kathleen who forced me into a night with four bottles of wine. Peer pressure. Yes, fun time, if only for a few quick days before heading into the country. Paris is wonderful, but for the French who live there (and all have attitudes - I suppose because they are lucky enough to live in Paris)....


PS - you may notice on my baseball cap (which only Americans wear over here, BTW) that there is a "28" on the front. LIVESTRONG and NIKE made these limited edition hats to remind everyone that there are 28 million people in the world living with cancer - which is now the number one cause of death in the world. We are all affected by it and it SUCKS. So, thanks to LIVESTRONG, Lance and NIKE for continuing to fight for a cure and to help those survivors among us (including my brother Doug, my father Allen, and my hysterical and fun high school friend Liz. Doug is at home and resting/healing well, my father is feeling great, and Liz just hit her first anniversary as a cancer-free awesome women). You rock, Doug, Allen and Liz.

1 comment:

  1. David,
    Since when do you not like to shop? Wish I was there!!
    XOXO,
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete